The Associate Directors of Bioinformatics will play a key role in leading the design of highly multiplexed amplification panels and construction of next generation sequencing data analysis workflows to support our single cell genomics platform. This individual will work closely with the Engineering, Biology, and Marketing teams to define and develop tools and workflows that identify clinically relevant genomic variations. The specific duties of the Associate Directors of Bioinformatics will include:
• Manage the Bioinformatics group. The Associate Directors of Bioinformatics will be responsible for building and leading the team responsible for the development of amplification panels and the construction of data analysis workflows used in our development and commercial products.
• Hands-on design and development of highly multiplexed amplification panels capable of interrogating genes and variations associated with relevant clinical indications. This individual will interrogate clinical databases to identify these genes.
• Lead the team responsible for building and maintaining automated next-generation sequencing (NGS) data processing pipeline (i.e. read alignment, variant calling, and variant annotation) to support our development and commercial needs. Assist in the data analysis and support of these projects.
• Lead the team responsible for building and maintaining data visualization capabilities. Knowledge of data clustering, heatmap analysis, and hierarchical clustering a plus.
• Provide written documentation and specifications of bioinformatic workflows and requirements.
• Provide counsel and advice during strategic planning cycles and analytical study planning.
• Collaborate with internal project teams and with external organizations.
Master’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Genomics, Molecular Biology or a related field. Two years of experience in the job offered, as a Bioinformatic Scientist or in a related occupation.
Candidates must possess 1 year of experience or education in the following:
• Managing a bioinformatics team responsible for oligo design pipeline development and maintenance.
• Performing amplicon design.
• Identifying and mining annotation and clinical genetic databases for relevant information that is useful in defining an optimal amplification panel.
To apply, contact: email@example.com
Reference job: 2kj107