Technical Support Specialist
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join the Commercial Team as Technical Support Specialist. This exciting and challenging role is responsible for providing a high level of technical support and representation for Mission Bio's products, ensuring the successful application of the products to customers research.
The Technical Support Specialist (TSS), based in South San Francisco, will provide support to assist with customer case logging, triaging, and distribution to cross functional groups. It includes handling basic customer queries and providing technical information focusing on Mission Bio's technology, analyzing inbound technical emails, live chat or conferencing as necessary, creating a community, recording cases in a CRM system, determine case priority and escalation requirements, and triage between departments as required. This is a fast-paced, multi-tasking position. As a key member of the Team you will also assist in the development and improvement of key commercial processes to ensure that Mission Bio provides customers with world class technical support.
The ideal candidate will have molecular biology experience and has worked as part of a multi-disciplinary team encompassing the whole experimental cycle from sample collection to analysis. Previous experience in a technical support role is desired.
- Provide high quality, effective technical support to customers and prospective customers in territories through knowledge of Mission Bio's products and effective communication of applications related to these products.
- Troubleshoot problems, both independently, and in consultation with the Applications group and others at Mission Bio.
- Track, record and document relevant information from all technical inquiries from customers and prospective customers into the CRM.
- Actively participate in following up inquiries from customers for further information on how Mission Bio's products can help them in their research.
- Receive training, and provide technical support on products and related applications.
- Participate in the organization and running of meetings, seminars and training courses for Mission Bio employees to ensure knowledge from customers is captured and implemented into a world class knowledge database.
- TSS to work in the lab on some app development efforts in addition to their customer responsibilities
- Plan, perform and troubleshoot in-house experiments to support external customer collaborations and internal validation studies
- Manage collaboration samples and collaboration-related experimental activities including experimental design, data analysis and interpretation
- Ensure the effective communication of technical information (through creative methods) on request by customers.
- Actively participate in the development and support of strong relationships with customers collaborating with the Field Application Scientists.
- Establish and maintain strong, positive, productive relationships with customer accounts including end-users and purchasing contacts.
- Work together with Technical Applications Specialists to provide high quality, effective technical support to customers and prospective customers.
- Assist in group projects as required.
- Design and build appropriate technical solutions to support single cell users in collaboration with the Product Management team.
- Some travel may be required (up to 15%).
- You should have a minimum of three years lab or relevant experience with proven knowledge and understanding of molecular biology (NGS), cancer biology, informatics and related fields.
- Technical support experience with an NGS company or relevant industry is desired but not essential.
- Previous experience giving oral presentations, teaching or training other scientists.
- Technical competency to understand and clearly discuss fundamental theory and principles of experimental design, techniques and results; to stay current in technical knowledge; to troubleshoot and to provide information back to customers in a helpful, positive and professional manner.
- Proven ability of effective written and verbal communication and listening skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate and project both during face to face and telephone interactions.
- Strong proven commitment to customer service and satisfaction, the ability to effectively work on and manage many priorities at one time with excellent troubleshooting, writing and editing skills.
- Minimal travel
- A minimum BSc or MS level.